On January 15, 2017, I brought a,large party to your restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday.The meal was very good.

and the service was exceptional. However, when my wife was brought her complimentary desert, I WAS APPALLED THAT SHE WAS. ASKED TO PRESENT HER DRIVER'S LICENSE TO PROVE THAT IT WAS INDEED HER BIRTHDAY. WHAT KIND OF CORPORATE POLICY IS THIS?

BASICALLY IMPLYING THAT A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER IS A POTENTIAL LIAR!!!! This is not a good way to encourage repeat business! I personally will not EVER return to Macaroni Grill because of this infuriating policy.. I cannot believe that your company is so insolvent financially that this policy has been implimented.

This is an INSULT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Please review this policy and reconsider the repercussions of this insane insult to your customers. I would appreciate a reply to the above comments. I would also like to point out that the Manager and Staff at this location handled the embarrassment of this policy with professionalism and understanding.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!

Kenneth R Lord, P.E.

Review about: Romanos Macaroni Grill Customer Care.

Reason of review: Birthday policy..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Romanos Macaroni Grill?

Comments

Sanford, Florida, United States #1272292

THIS COMMENT SEEMS TO HAVE NO RELEVANCE TO THIS CONVERSATION.HOWEVER, NO MATTER HOW INANE THE COMMENT, I WILL REPLY AS FOLLOWS.

THE LETTER WRITER IS FROM A BLUE COLLAR HOME AND HAS WORKED SINCE THE AGE OF 9 WHEN HE WAS ABLE TO LIFT 50 LB BAGS OF ROCK WOOL INSULATION INTO A HOPPER TO BE SEPERATED AND BLOWN THROUGH A 100 FT. SPECIALLY DESIGNED HOSE TO A 150F ATTIC. HIS FATHER WOULD BE IN THIS ATTIC TO BLOW 6 TO 8 INCHES OF THIS INSULATION BETWEEN THE JOISTS.

I CAN GUARANTEE THAT THE PERSON MAKING THIS RIDUCULOUS COMMENT HAS EVER WORKED SO DIFFICULT AND DEMANDING A JOB AT ANY AGE.I ALSO HAVE TO WONDER ABOUT THE REPLIERS INTELLIGENCE TO MAKE SUCH AN UNRELATED COMMENT TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1272259

Has the letter writer ever held a job? This complaint makes me wonder if he has worked a day in his life.

krlord49
#1272088

BOTH OF THESE COMMENTS/REPLIES ARE FROM INDIVIDUALS WHO OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEMSELVES OR OTHERS. IT IS OBVIOUS FROM THEIR COMMENTS THAT THEY ARE JUST THE TYPE OF FRADULENT, CORRUPT INDIVIDUALS WHO WOULD BE SO DISHONEST AS TO LIE TO GET ONE FREE DESSERT. I WOULD HOPE THAT THERE ARE VERY FEW PEOPLE IN THE WORLD LIKE YOU.

to Anonymous #1374871

Ah, you're just angry you got called out on your BS.

#1271964

If they stop this policy, I for one will boycott their stores!They HAVE to check I.D.s.

Do you have any freakin' clue how many people claim it's their birthday in order to get a free dessert?? I'm not willing to pay increased entree prices to cover the cost of providing free desserts to scam artists! So no, they aren't going to change their policy. You will simply have to put your big boy panties on and try to understand the logic behind the policy!

You definitely sound like one of THOSE types of people who just look for things to be offended about.

Knock if off.It's not a admirable trait.

krlord49
to Anonymous #1272083

YOU ARE AN ***, OR THIS POST WAS CREATED BY A COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE.AND I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY SURVEY TAKEN TO TRY AND DETERMINE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THAT GREAT OF A NEED TO LIE TO GET ONE SINGLE DESSERT FOR FREE.

I SUSPECT VERY FEW. IF THE COMPANY IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THIS ISSUE, I WOULD SUGGEST THE FREE DESSERT OFFER BE ABOLISHED. I WOULD NOT MISS IT AT ALL.

I DO NOT NEED TO LIE TO GET ONE FREE DESSERT.AGAIN, YOU SRE AN ***.

to Anonymous #1374873

They didn't accuse you of trying to scam a free dessert.They said you are the type of person who looks for something to be offended by.

Go back and re-read.

Oh and just so you know, people scamming corporate restaurants for free desserts is indeed a pretty common occurrence.I am baffled why you think there would be some sort of survey that would determine this.

#1271951

Oh BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If society wasent so full of liars this policy wouldnt be needed CRYBABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom #1272256

You can't reason with that person.He lives in LA LA Land and seems to be mentally challenged.

Can you imagine working a restaurant and having to deal with someone like him?Ugghhh.