My husband and I fell ill after eating the King Salmon entrees on Mother's Day evening. I woke up at 3 am Monday morning violently ill with all of the typical symptoms of food poisoning.

I couldn't get out of bed and had to call off of work on May 11th. When I went into the restaurant to share my concerns, the manager, Dan, had not yet arrived for his shift. The bartender I spoke with took down my information. When I briefly shared with him what happened to me, didn't even say, "I'm sorry" or offer any kind words.

By his actions, he made it clear that me being sick was not his concern. When I spoke with Dan, he said that no one else had complained of food poisoning as if to suggest that I was making up the whole story. I explained to him that I consulted with three friends who work in the medical field and all of them agreed that I had food poisoning, not a virus. It should be mentioned that I have no food allergies.

I have worked in the restaurant industry, and I dine out weekly. I have never had anyone treat me with such callousness and lack of concern. I clearly stated that I wanted nothing for free, just a refund for the meal that made me sick. When Dan asked if I wanted to escalate this situation, I told him yes.

He stated that I would be receiving a call from risk management on 5-13. I never received a call. When I located the number for and called the director of risk management myself, I left a message. That phone call wasn't returned.

I do not feel respected or cared about as a customer. When I shared this experience with others over the past few days, they were shocked at how I was treated.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Romanos Macaroni Grill. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Outback Steakhouse that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Romanos Macaroni Grill.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cafes, Restaurants and Bars category for more informed decision or compare Romanos Macaroni Grill to other companies on our site.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #997246

I had the exact same issue . We also found hair in my roommates food while there .

Different location and food ordered but the attitude was the same . The manager Tim Tracy was condescending and rude about the entire situation. I asked for my money back, I don't want gift cards , I don't care to ever dine with them again. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

You should do the same .

Poor management and problem resolution teams .

to Anonymous #1445812

Romano’s Macaroni Grill is finally out of business after numerous complaints from consumers to the health dept. and other entities.

I developed IBS As a result of my food poisoning experience and my life will never be the same again. To drive by and know this place is finally shut down and won’t hurt anyone else with their lack of proper food handling is such a relief!

What position in the medical field do your friends have----------janitors? Anyway a diagnosis with no exam and testing can't tell you a blasted thing.

More than likely you and your husband both had the good old fashioned stomach flu. That can hit more than one person in a family at the same time and with no advance warning. Without medical testing there is no proof that you had food poisoning. You stated you didn't want anything for free, but you wanted the cost of your meal refunded.

What do you call that? I call it a free meal.

to Anonymous #1445813

Obviously this was written by an employee or manager of the establishment as it is callous and full of presumptions. This restaurant has closed. Enough said!